University of Tennessee at Martin — Registrar
Filed in Administrative on July 27, 2016
The Office of Academic Records at the University of Tennessee at Martin is accepting applications for a Registrar. The Office of Academic Records is housed within Enrollment Services & Student Engagement (ESSE). The Office of Academic Records is a high-impact, high-energy, forward-thinking department that simultaneously handles multiple, on-going projects. This position will require frequent interaction with: current and potential students and families, high schools, supervisees, colleagues within ESSE, and faculty/staff from across UTM’s campus. This position will require occasional night and weekend hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the usage and implementation of technology;
- Manage the reporting of accurate and timely student enrollment information;
- Ensure accountability by maintaining a working knowledge of regulations as determined by the university, the UT system, the OVC, the NCAA, TN residency regulations, and various professional organizations, including SCT Banner, AACRAO, SACRAO, and TACRAO, and maintaining familiarity with U.S. Department of Education actions and decisions.
- Coordinate and manage room scheduling to ensure that all needs are met in the most effective and efficient manner possible;
- Coordinate and manage all commencement activities;
- Oversee course scheduling across campus;
- Supervise the staff of the Office of Academic Records;
- Set and monitor the budget for the Office of Academic Records;
- Serve on committees, work on special projects, and undertake special assignments promoting the Office of Academic Records, ESSE, and UT Martin;
- Develop and oversee or lead the implementation of necessary training workshops;
- Positively present the University to a variety of constituent groups to enhance both the recruitment of students and the image of the University;
- Positively represent the University to the City of Martin and surrounding communities;
- Serve as a member of the ESSE Leadership Team;
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should have experience with and passion for personally investing in the success of college students, and the expectation of contributing to our team immediately. The successful candidate should possess a sense of humor and a sincere desire to serve our students, UT Martin, and the surrounding community. The successful candidate should demonstrate flexibility and energy, and be able to think quickly on his/her feet. The successful candidate should be committed to professional development.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s (Master’s Preferred) Degree in Business, Education, Higher Education, or related field
- 5 years of experience in college admissions, recruitment, and/or enrollment, preferably in a leadership position;
- Significant experience with staff supervision;
- Strong desire to see UT Martin flourish and thrive;
- Elevated sense of personal initiative and accountability;
- A record of excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills that allow for frequent and comfortable conversations with students, families, administrators, staff, and faculty;
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills;
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
The desired qualifications are:
- Track record of professional development and engagement with appropriate professional organizations
- History of utilizing technology to engage constituents
- Experienced user of Banner
This position will report to the Executive Director of Enrollment Services & Student Engagement (ESSE). In-person and e-mail contact is expected on a regular and frequent basis. Written reports may be expected concerning specific situations. This position is expected to hold regular office hours and check e-mail frequently.
To apply for this position, please visit our Online Employment System at www.utm.edu/departments/personnel/employment.php. Applications will only be accepted through this system. For questions, please call (731) 881-7845.