Lincoln University – Missouri — Development Officer
Filed in Professional on July 26, 2016
- Assisting in fostering a culture of philanthropy and inspire strong relationships with all internal and external constituents.
- Donor Engagement.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of appropriate systems to development including but not limited to volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition.
- Assists with annual giving and major gifts.
- Provides leadership and management for specified, specialized fundraising activities.
- Assures that the university’s institutional culture, systems and procedures support philanthropic development and vice versa.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and assuring implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the institution.
- Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Adhering to university policies and procedures in assigned areas, and to work collaboratively with others throughout the university and community to improve donor relations, including affinity groups (i.e. Military graduates, Agriculture graduates, etc.).
- Having a clear understanding of the role of academic units, athletics, and other departments as an integral part of the University’s fund-development mission in the local community.
Required: A bachelor’s required, with a minimum 2- 5 years in non – profit fundraising organizations, higher education or related environment.
Preferred: Master’s Degree and experience in higher education fundraising environment.
General knowledge of fiscal management and strategic planning.
Knowledge of pertinent federal and state laws and regulatory provisions, especially those associated with inter-state fundraising.
Salary: Low to mid $30k
Submit a Lincoln University Employment application form, cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, transcripts, and a list of 5 references (name and contact information) to: Human Resource Services, Lincoln University, 101 Young Hall, PO Box 29, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0029 or email: HRS@lincolnu.edu Lincoln University is “An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.”